Sunday, December 4, 2011

Three Cups of Deceit - Jon Krakauer

Stumbled on this book just now and felt compelled to read it, as I have read and enjoyed other books by Jon Krakauer. This book is an exposé of Three Cups of Tea, which is apparently a purportedly true story that is really more fiction than fact, ala A Million Little Pieces. How disgusting that yet another greedy jerk has created a multimillion dollar business that masquerades as a charity. It's also disgusting because it makes me question anyone who appears to advocate for the poor of this planet - maybe they're greedy liars too. What a shame. I haven't read Three Cups of Tea, thank goodness, as apparently I'd do better sticking with fiction. On the plus side, this book reminded me that I need to read Where Men Win Glory, Krakauer's biography of Pat Tillman.

No comments:

Post a Comment