Saturday, December 19, 2015

Billy Mink - Thornton W. Burgess

This book was yet another cool addition to my small (but ever-growing) collection of random vintage children's books that I have found for a really low price on the Library Sale shelves. This book is marked copyright 1924; I'm not 100% sure that this copy is actually that old, but it is definitely vintage, and in really good shape. I did some quick research on the author, and discovered he was an environmentalist and prolific writer with more than 170 books to his credit. This book is the first in what I think is a four-volume series called the "Smiling Pool" series, about various animals that live near the referenced pool. The story is relatively short and simple but it's entertaining, and there are some charming illustrations by Harrison Cady. All in all it's a nice addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment