Saturday, October 24, 2020

Rosemary's Baby - Ira Levin

For some reason, despite planning to read this in October for years, I never made it happen. This year I happened to see that the movie version was playing on TV, so I DVRd it, and figured it was a great opportunity to do a review of both versions. 

This was indeed a CREEPY book. There is an overall sense of impending... something that pervades each page as the story unfolds, which builds and builds up until the payoff. It is a deceptively fast read that I suspect would be a good re-read - maybe I will read it again next October and pay better attention to the details. If you like horror, this is recommended. 

Side note: This was yet another Library Sales find, a vintage copy of the book club version from 1967. 

No comments:

Post a Comment