Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Only Good Indians - Stephen Graham Jones

Hot on the heels of reading a bestseller with "meh" writing, I dove into this amazing, well written book and couldn't put it down. If you like horror novels, you need to read this book. Even if you don't like horror novels, you should read this book for the sheer pleasure of reading something so well written. If you have any interest in Native American folklore and contemporary life, you should read this because I think you will be as captivated as I was. How is it possible that I have only now heard of this author, who apparently has something like 20 books out??? I have to credit Christopher Buehlman for mentioning this book on social media - no way could such a recommendation be something I wouldn't enjoy, I reasoned, and I was correct. I'm actually really happy that there are so many books I can catch up on for a new favorite author. Very highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment