Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 - The Year in Reading

This year was definitely an improvement on 2021 - I managed to read 30 books in 2022, and kept to my goal of at least 1 book per month, and usually at least 1 more, so I am happy with that. For next year, I would like to keep this reading rate as a baseline goal, and I think I will avoid reading challenges so I can concentrate on the TBR Pile. 

I am, however, excited to announce that I am going to have monthly reading categories in 2023. The idea came to me recently and I was able to come up with more than 12 ways to group books that I have on hand (or recently acquired through winter holiday gift giving). This should be a fun way to approach the books I have on hand. Obviously the monthly book club books will most likely not be a part of the reading categories but that's OK. January's reading category is sort of unimaginative: Books I got as gifts in December 2022. Look for the first one in the next few days and more to follow, including a reread. 

Thank you for reading my blog! I wish you all the best in 2023 and hope you have a year full of reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment