Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lucille - Ludovic Debeurme

I wasn't sure what to make of this graphic novel. At first I found the spare art style distracting, and I wasn't sure where the story was going. I quickly got used to the art and I came to enjoy it, and the story revealed itself to be something I feel like the author experienced first hand. Some of the characters were a bit unsympathetic to me, and yet I wanted to know more about them and I found I cared about them. I liked how the story came together and I was left wanting more, and it looks like there may be more coming. I hope that is true, I want to find out what happens to the characters.

1 comment:

  1. Graphic novels are a part of literature that I have yet a bit neglectet - but I am going to change that - so thank you for this review - perfect timing! ;")

    Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete