Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Moth Smoke - Mohsin Hamid

This book was a relatively recent Library Sale Shelves addition to my TBR pile and readers, this was the perfect book to give this blog a fresh start. I loved it. The writing is amazing and the story is rich with symbolism (including the meaning of the title) and themes that one could discuss in a college class or write papers on. When I finished it my first impulse was to go back to the beginning and start reading it all over again, and that's not something I typically feel like doing at all. It's a good thing my secondhand copy is in such good shape because it will move from the TBR shelf to a space in my permanent collection. Highly recommended.

This book is a good candidate for the Color-Coded Reading Challenge, but frankly I am not sure if the cover is a shade of green or a shade of blue. I guess for now I will put it as green. Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment