Monday, July 6, 2020

The 7-1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle - Stuart Turton

OK, so you know how in my 6-month recap, I mentioned that my library was closed? It was, but it recently reopened in a limited fashion. One of the ways they are trying to get books to people who want them is a service where you tell them a couple of your favorite and least favorite books/authors and they choose a book for you based on this background information. Isn't that a neat idea?? If you think I could resist that, I have some bridges, tunnels, and monuments for sale at great prices (ha ha).

So it is that I ended up with this book, which I really enjoyed. Yes, it could be hard to follow at times, because as readers we are figuring things out at the same time as the narrator, but that's part of the fun. Having read the book, I kind of wish I had the time to re-read it right now, when I could pay attention to the details to see what I would pick up on now that I know why-, how-, and whodunnit. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment