Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - The Year in Reading

Well, I had another reasonably productive reading year. I managed to read a total of 81 books, which is not bad, but far less than I had planned. Here's a quick recap of the goals I set last year and how I did:


  • Read more in general. This didn't work as well as I might have hoped. I read about half the books I managed in 2011, but at least I did read. 
  • Read more classic books. I think I did OK with this, but of course didn't read as many as I would have liked. 
  • Clear the TBR pile once and for all. I can't even type this with a straight face - Mount TBR still looms, but I'm still chipping away at it! 
  • Read 2 books in foreign languages. This is a big disappointment for me. I did start both the books I have on hand though - it's just very slow going for my rusty language skills. I'll keep this for next year. 
  • Explore some new series. I kind of did this but didn't read enough to really get into the other series I was hoping to check out. Maybe I can work on this for 2013. 
  • Read at least one book by each of the new authors I discovered and loved this year. No need to elaborate, this didn't happen. Luckily a whole new year is coming up to redeem this! 
  • Read more quality overall. I think I did OK with this.
  • Complete all my reading challenges. I definitely did this one - HOORAY! So I met one goal from 2011, ha ha. 


So here are some more modest goals for 2013:


  • Read more than 81 books. I think it's doable, I just need to do it!
  • Read more classic books. I made sure there were a few on the TBR Pile Challenge list to ensure this! 
  • Finish the 2 foreign language books. As I wrote above, they're both in progress, so this is doable.
  • Complete all my reading challenges. I did this 2 years in a row, so I know I can do it again in 2013. I'll do a separate post tomorrow listing the challenges and etc. 


Once again, I wish my readers all the best in 2013. I hope you have a wonderful year full of books! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment