- Read more in general. This didn't work as well as I might have hoped. I read about half the books I managed in 2011, but at least I did read.
- Read more classic books. I think I did OK with this, but of course didn't read as many as I would have liked.
- Clear the TBR pile once and for all. I can't even type this with a straight face - Mount TBR still looms, but I'm still chipping away at it!
- Read 2 books in foreign languages. This is a big disappointment for me. I did start both the books I have on hand though - it's just very slow going for my rusty language skills. I'll keep this for next year.
- Explore some new series. I kind of did this but didn't read enough to really get into the other series I was hoping to check out. Maybe I can work on this for 2013.
- Read at least one book by each of the new authors I discovered and loved this year. No need to elaborate, this didn't happen. Luckily a whole new year is coming up to redeem this!
- Read more quality overall. I think I did OK with this.
- Complete all my reading challenges. I definitely did this one - HOORAY! So I met one goal from 2011, ha ha.
So here are some more modest goals for 2013:
- Read more than 81 books. I think it's doable, I just need to do it!
- Read more classic books. I made sure there were a few on the TBR Pile Challenge list to ensure this!
- Finish the 2 foreign language books. As I wrote above, they're both in progress, so this is doable.
- Complete all my reading challenges. I did this 2 years in a row, so I know I can do it again in 2013. I'll do a separate post tomorrow listing the challenges and etc.
Once again, I wish my readers all the best in 2013. I hope you have a wonderful year full of books! :-)