Thursday, April 10, 2014

We Are the Goldens - Dana Reinhardt

I couldn't resist this book when I saw the description in the NetGalley email - I had to find out the secret! This was a fast read, not the least because the pacing of the story kept me turning the pages. I really liked the sort of combined first- and second-person narrative; it made the story seem more realistic and immediate than a third person narration would have. I have to confess that at times the narrator's voice seemed much more mature than the average high school freshman, but in all honesty, an intelligent young person would most likely talk like this, so it worked for me overall. All in all this is a well written YA novel with appealing characters. Recommended. 

To be honest, another reason I couldn't resist this book is that I could use it for the Color-Coded Reading Challenge - hooray! And now back to my regularly scheduled reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment