Sunday, November 20, 2022

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury

Are you ever just in the mood for some classic dystopian fiction? I read this book ages ago, and decided it was time for a reread. It did not disappoint. I remember liking the book but I didn't remember any details, aside from the main premise, so it was like experiencing the story for the first time. There were so many elements of this book that resonated - how books were devalued, how thinking was devalued, how using your mind or your imagination had been turned into something beneath contempt... I could go on, but you get the idea. What really struck me was how anyone who was different from the "average" or the "norm" was viewed with extreme suspicion at best. I'll avoid spoilers but this is a timeless book and one everyone should read. Recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment