Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

What can I say, this book was at the library and so was I, so I checked it out. It was a fast read for being a thick book. I'm still not sure how I feel about the main character - on the one hand I could sort of sympathize with her a little, but on the other hand she reminded me of an acquaintance from years ago whose timid affect got old very quickly. I am not the boldest extrovert - au contraire, I am an introvert and I can struggle mightily with certain social situations. But even so, more than once I wanted to grab the main character by the shoulders and give her a shake and tell her to get over herself. I would have liked to hear more about some of the other characters too. The story gets repetitive and I think it could have been shorter without losing any of the main events, etc. The dialogue was good and there were times it made me laugh audibly. So although I found this book reasonably enjoyable, it was also something of a mixed bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment