Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Paper Magician - Charlie N. Holmberg

When I read the description on NetGalley, I was immediately intrigued with this book's highly creative and original premise - the author is obviously a very creative person. However, although ultimately I liked the book, I didn't love it like I was hoping I would. For some reason (possibly my reading comprehension), what I perceived as small inconsistencies in the story kept jumping out at me, derailing my reading. This book reminds me of The Magician's Apprentice by Lev Grossman (minus the adult content in that book) - there was something about the writing in both books that pulled me out of total book immersion once too often, interfering with my enjoyment. I liked this book a lot better, but not as much as I was hoping to.

No comments:

Post a Comment