Sunday, November 9, 2014

I Am Sophie Tucker - Susan Ecker, Lloyd Ecker

I love entertainment from the first part of the 20th Century, and am therefore familiar with Sophie Tucker's music, so when this biographical novel popped up on NetGalley I was excited to read it and hoping it would be great.

In fact, it wasn't great - it was fantastic! I couldn't put this book down. I feel like I spent the day with Sophie Tucker. Although this is technically a novel, it's a fictionalized biography and is full of anecdotes about other famous people and great photos. The writing style is breezy and enjoyable and I laughed out loud more than once while reading. Even if you are not familiar with Sophie Tucker or her music, you will love her by the time you finish this book. Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment