Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman

Weird story about this book - I actually read it for the first time many years ago on a friend's recommendation and I thought it was OK, but I wasn't impressed enough to read the next 2 books. My husband got the set of 3 books as a gift a couple years ago and I have enjoyed the HBO series, so with the world in complete and total disarray these days I sorely needed a distraction and figured I'd read the series, starting with a re-read of this book. 

For whatever reason, this time I really enjoyed the book, and it became a really fast and enjoyable read. One thing I really like is that it deals with some dark themes that are food for thought. And these days in particular it seems valuable to read stories that show people can fight back against the forces of evil. I'll definitely be reading the next 2 books in quick succession. Recommended. 


No comments:

Post a Comment