Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October - This Month in Reading

I think this month was the worst one yet in terms of the number of books read - a measly 3. In my own defense, the first one was more than 900 pages as a paperback, and the second was more than 400 pages and about scientific subjects, not necessarily my strong suit, so I did read a lot, just not a lot of different books. I did get behind on Moby-Dick but I know I can catch up ASAP.

Another positive was that I wrapped up the Around the World Challenge this month. I read 11/12 books, so even though I was ultimately unsuccessful in finding a book set in The Gambia, I'm counting this as a success overall since I read an alternate book as well. Of course, if I find a book for The Gambia before the end of the year I'll read it to complete the challenge - if you know of one, please let me know in the comments!

Last month, my goal was to read at least 4 books, preferably one for each remaining challenge, or at least 2 TBR books and the last 2 Mixing It Up books. I did manage to read 2 TBR Pile Challenge books, one of which doubled as a Mixing It Up book, so that was good. In fact, here is my current challenge status:

TBR Pile Challenge - currently 9/12 books read; 1 in progress as a chapter a day read, so 2 more to go!
Around the World Challenge - completed, 11/12 books and 1/2 alternates read as of October 2012.
Mixing It Up Challenge - currently 15/16 books read - 1 more to go!
Color Coded Reading Challenge - completed.

For November then, I'd like to read the last book for the Mixing It Up Challenge and at least one of the TBR Challenge books. 

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you enjoyed a good spooky book or two this month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment