Friday, November 25, 2011

Mixing It Up Challenge 2012

I know it seems just a little early to be thinking of 2012 challenges, but this one is awesome! Here's the link to the challenge post if you want to join too. I'm in for the full 16 books, with the caveat that they are all (or as close to 100% as I can manage) going to be books that actually currently exist on my TBR shelves (which are now plural thanks to my ongoing habit of getting books from the Library Sale shelves and my insane Borders shopping spree when the store was going out of business). I really need to read all these books and this is a great opportunity to do so since I have so many books - I literally have multiple books for almost every category! I have listed all the categories below and added some possible books/ideas off the top of my head, as most of the books are upstairs and I'm too lazy to go up there and look them over at this moment.

1. CLASSICS - How Green Was My Valley - Richard Llewellyn

2. BIOGRAPHY - The Devil Drives: A Life of Richard Burton - Fawn Brodie

3. COOKERY, FOOD AND WINE - Save the Deli - David Sax

4. HISTORY - The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson

5. MODERN FICTION - Amberville - Tim Davys

6. GRAPHIC NOVELS AND MANGA - Persepolis 2 - Marjane Satrapi

7. CRIME AND MYSTERY - Roseanna - Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö

8. HORROR - Let the Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist

9. ROMANCE - Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire

10. SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY - Of Ducks and Universes - Neve Maslakovic

11. TRAVEL - Culture and Customs of the Central African Republic - Jacqueline Woodfork

12. POETRY AND DRAMA - Othello - William Shakespeare

13. JOURNALISM AND HUMOUR - The Portable Dorothy Parker - Dorothy Parker (Edited by Marion Meade)

14. SCIENCE AND NATURAL HISTORY - A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson

15. CHILDREN'S AND YOUNG ADULT - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll

16. SOCIAL SCIENCES AND PHILOSOPHY - Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Anja! Sorry it's taken me so long to drop by - I'd hoped to visit everyone by the end of December but I've had house guests AND a rubbish cold... :(

    Anyway, HOORAY for another full-16er! That deli book sounds fascinating, I might end up wishlisting that one, oops. I'll be heading to the library for my graphic novel section too. And I know what you mean about trying to stay within your TBR pile as much as possible - we're probably moving this year and if I could clear a few more books it would be one less box to lug on and off the removal van when the time comes!

    Good luck... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Mixer-Upper (!) with two down already... Honestly, I had such a rubbish January reading-wise, I don't know what happened! Oh well, one category down and two more being tackled as we speak, so maybe there's hope yet! I'm looking forward to 'Let the Right One In' myself, it's been on my shelves far too long so maybe it's time to dust it off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Doing great so far - I've barely scraped the surface of my challenges so far, even my own, oops... Still, plenty of time to catch up - here's to a great few months of reading ahead of us! :)

    ReplyDelete