Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hidden Child of the Holocaust - Stacy Cretzmeyer

This is the true story of Ruth Kapp Hartz, a French woman who survived World War II despite being part of a Jewish family trapped in Vichy France. The writing is very immediate, and you can really get inside the head of a very young girl, and understand the confusion and fear of this time. This edition is evidently a Scholastic books offering, and I would have loved it when I was in school. Apparently it's actually something of an excerpt of a longer book by the same author; I'd like to track down a copy of that and read it too. The only "critique" I can offer is that I would have loved to see some photographs, but this isn't a real issue. Another good book, particularly for young people to learn about the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment