Sunday, February 4, 2018

Buying on Time - Antanas Sileika

This book encapsulates my love for the Library Sales shelves - you can run across some really interesting books that you might otherwise have never heard of. Readers, I LOVED this book. It's a series of short stories, but they are all about the same characters, so it's the best of all possible worlds for short stories as far as I am concerned - I get to spend a lot of time with characters and situations that I really enjoy, without the constraints of a novel-length plot, etc. Everything about this book was awesome - the beautiful, clear writing; the fully developed characters; the time period. With a bonus of also being a book about the immigration experience. I cannot wait to read this author's other works, so I really need to clear up my TBR pile ASAP. Highly Recommended.

I am going to claim this book in the "red" category of the Color-Coded Reading Challenge as the cover is mostly red, as shown below. I couldn't get a good image of the entire cover and I didn't want to break the spine of my copy, but check out the neat cover design.



No comments:

Post a Comment