Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Master Butcher's Singing Club - Louise Erdrich

This author is someone I've been wanting to read for a while, so I was happy to get this book from the Library Sales shelves a while back. I liked this book, but I wish I had liked it a little more. On the one hand, the time period in which it's set, the actual setting, and the characters were all very appealing to me and I liked them a lot. On the other hand, I feel like the story meandered around a bit for my tastes, there's a couple love stories that are a little random and not set up as much as maybe they could have been, and the titular singing club isn't featured in the book as much as it maybe could have been. But all that said, I did like the book and it kept me reading. This author has some other books that look really good, so I hope to clear my TBR pile and get to them sooner rather than later. All in all, recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment