Sunday, August 25, 2024

Pineapple Street - Jenny Jackson

An interesting Book Club choice that I am not sure what to think of. All of the characters were sort of unlikeable but in a way that is realistic, I guess, as we all have our foibles. I'm pretty sure I have complained about this before, but asking me to feel sorry for wealthy people really rubs me the wrong way. To be honest, I have always deeply resented having to work for a living and I would love to be able to pursue my own interests all day. I don't even want a lot of money, I would never want to be a billionaire or something ridiculous like that, but just to make the salary I currently earn at work but not have to work to get it (if that makes sense). So.... An interesting discussion will be had, I am sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment