Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm with Fatty - Edward Ugel

I'm not sure what to think of this book. It's billed as some kind of weight-loss memoir, but I think the author has much deeper addiction problems than just weight gain. There were some amusing turns of phrase and etc., but overall I found the narrator irritatingly cranky and annoying. And maybe it's his privileged background, but I can't help but feel like his problem is a uniquely first-world issue that's kind of dismaying in a larger context, especially for someone who comes from a wealthy family, who is married to a woman from a wealthy family, and has the resources to have a personal trainer, and a nutritionist, and a gym membership, and prestigious cooking classes from a world-class chef, etc. It's too much like Malled for its own good. The good news: it was one of my (many) $1 Borders books.

No comments:

Post a Comment