Monday, October 31, 2011

October - This Month in Reading

Well, this month did not go so well for me with reading. I was really busy with work in the first half of the month, and for some reason the second half didn't go so well for reading either. I wasn't able to read very much at all - I only managed to read 5 books in October. I was hoping to read more than 15 books overall and read at least one book for each challenge, but clearly that didn't happen. Oh well! On the plus side, I did manage to catch up on War and Peace - hooray! I am now on track to finish the challenge right on schedule, and I'm really happy about that. I also read one of my TBR Pile Challenge books, London, and I really enjoyed it, so I made some headway in that challenge, so that was good too. In my defense, I had to read quite a bit of War and Peace this month, and London was a Harry Potter-sized 800+ pager (ha ha), so those did involve a lot of reading - so I was reading all along this month, it just doesn't seem like I did much when you add up the books.

For November, I want to:

  • Stay on track with War and Peace - all caught up as of Nov. 30
  • Read 1 book for the TBR Pile Challenge (I have 3 books left to read to complete the challenge, not counting the 2 alternates) - read 1 Nov. 25, 2011
  • Read 2 books for the Forgotten Treasures Challenge (I have 4 books left to read to complete Level 3, the bonus level) - read 1 Nov. 20, 2011/read 2 Nov. 30, 2011
  • Read 2 books for the Color-Coded Reading Challenge (I have 4 books left to read to complete the challenge, and I have 3 out of the 4 books purchased [during my Borders Closing Madness Buying] and ready to read - I just have to read them!) - read 1 Nov. 16, 2011/read 2 Nov. 20, 2011
  • Read 2 books for the GLBT Reading Challenge (I have 4 books left to read to reach 15 books read for this challenge, which was my goal, but I would also like to read a few more if possible to have 15 different authors) - read 1 Nov. 19, 2011/read 2 Nov. 28, 2011
  • Finish 1 book for the Haruki Murakami Reading Challenge (I have 2 books left to read to complete my planned 3 books for this challenge, and I'm actually halfway through one of his books, I just ran out of time to finish it in October, unfortunately. I'm also hoping to snag a copy of 1Q84 to use for this challenge, that would be great) - read Nov. 6, 2011
  • Finish 2 books for the Read Outside Your Comfort Zone Challenge (I have 8 left to read to complete the "Exploring the Unknown" level I signed up for. Luckily I have a couple books for this on hand, but I still might not reach that level now that I look at the list... I will try!) - read 1 Nov. 19, 2011/read 2 Nov. 28, 2011

November reading will be tricky for me because - drumroll please - I am actually going on a vacation for the first time in a LONG time. I can hardly wait!!! I will definitely be bringing books with me, but you know how that is - sometimes you are just too busy having fun to read. I'm hoping to have tons of fun and still read some, and I guess we'll see.

How was your reading in October? Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment