Friday, May 31, 2013

May - This Month in Reading

Wow, May turned out to be a banner month for reading. I think I actually read more books this month than I have in January through April combined! My TBR books are in neat-ish piles on a bookshelf in my office, so this month I decided that instead of browsing from the entire collection I'd attempt to clear a single pile, regardless of the actual books in that pile. In other words, no "I'm not in the mood for this type of book," whichever book was at the top of the pile was the next book to be read. That actually worked very well, and it was amazing how often I'd end up enjoying that next book on the pile. I didn't clear the pile just yet, but I did read a whopping 10 books and reduce it considerably, so I'm happy with that.

I read 10 books this month, but summer is going to be very busy for me, so I honestly can't be sure how much reading I will be able to do (although of course I will do my best to get some done). So for a goal for June, I think I'll try to read at least three books - that seems manageable. A bonus would be if I could read books for my challenges, but clearing the pile is more important for that psychological feeling of accomplishment.

How is your summer reading shaping up?


No comments:

Post a Comment