Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Apparently the last book I read, How to Buy a Love of Reading, was supposed to contain a lot of allusions to this American classic. As an English major, I have read this book multiple times, but ::cough cough:: that was sort of a long time ago ::cough cough::. Between reading the previously mentioned book, hearing about this movie that is coming out with ridiculously anachronistic music (BOO! I LOVE music from that era, and am not a fan of Baz Luhrmann, so I won't be seeing this film), and me realizing I barely remembered The Great Gatsby at all, I figured now was the time for a reread. I enjoyed this book more than I'm sure I did when I read it ages ago, since as an adult I can understand the adult characters better, etc. I'm glad I reread it and just sorry it has taken me this long. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment