Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Blindness - José Saramago

Wow, readers, this is yet another novel that I have had on my pile for far too long and now wonder what took me so long to get to it. I can't lie, the actual writing style kind of put me off initially, and it can be a bit hard to read and confusing, but I got used to it after a while. Despite that, I was immediately drawn into the story and once I started reading I could barely put the book down. It's fitting that I read this book during October, as the story isn't technically horror, but much of the book is definitely horrific in content. I believe it was an accurate description of that might happen to the world in any kind of cataclysm though, which is frightening. Apparently there is a sequel; I might have to read that when I have cleared the TBR pile. All in all this is a book that will have you thinking about it long after you are finished reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment