Saturday, February 18, 2023

Haunting Paris - Mamta Chaudhry (Spoilers?)

This book had me at "Paris," one of my favorite places on Earth. If I had to come back as a ghost, I would love to haunt Paris - imagine being able to see all the catacombs at your leisure, and explore all the ancient places people aren't really allowed to go these days. Also, the cover is really well done - it's very melancholy in tone, and has a cool purplish tint to it that I am not sure is super obvious in the photo below, but that adds to the "I'm wandering Paris on a cool autumn night after a nice absinthe at La Fée Verte and marveling at this ancient wonder that is still alive today." So this book was a sure thing when I spotted it at the dollar store.

I swear I did not set out to get multiple books that touch on World War II and the Holocaust - this book is set in 1989 and deals with grief and loss, but also the past and how the past haunts us and influences who we become and why. All in all I liked this book. 







No comments:

Post a Comment