Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Space Between Before and After - Sue Stauffacher

Before we get to the review, I'd like to announce March's reading theme: books I got for free at the library! To clarify: these aren't books I got for free by borrowing them from the library, they are books I was able to take home and keep for free. 

It happened like this: 

One Saturday, I was out running errands with Mr. K and one of the errands was returning a library book. In the library lobby, there was a huge cardboard box filled with books with "FREE - PLEASE HELP YOURSELF" written on it. If you think I can pass that up, you are sadly mistaken! Mr. K was waiting in the car so to save time I randomly grabbed 3 books from this box and left. So the books in this theme are all from this generous cardboard box, ha ha!

And now, on to the review:

This YA (I think) book was a really touching story that I thought was well told. I really sympathized with the main characters, although the father got on my nerves from time to time with his rigid realism. It's a very sad story but the author is able to show how people can help a young person make it through a tragedy. Recommended. 


No comments:

Post a Comment