Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let the Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist

I haven't seen either movie based on this book (the original Swedish movie with the same title and the American remake, called Let Me In) so when I found this at the Borders Last Days sales I eagerly picked it up, as I prefer to read the book before I see the movie whenever possible. Despite being in the horror genre, which I don't normally read, I very much enjoyed this book. I found it very engrossing and I really felt for the main character. I liked the way the multiple story lines converged eventually (mainly because I was wondering how they ever would when I first started the book). There are definitely some truly gory and horrific scenes in this book, which didn't bother me much, but they are well done in creating an atmosphere of horror. And now I can't wait to see the movies. Recommended.

2 comments:

  1. This is one I do want to read, maybe this year during Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book would make a great Halloween read!

    ReplyDelete