Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding

This book was a reread, I first read it back when it was originally published. It's funny how one's memory plays tricks - it wasn't exactly like I remembered. I suppose my brain conflated the movie with the book, plus it's been many years. Now that I am a bit (ahem) older than the character of Bridget, I definitely identify with her feeling hapless a lot of the time, and the other half of me wants to give her a shake and tell her to stop being silly. This was a quick read that served well as a palate-cleanser for the rest of the month's reading.

2 comments:

  1. I read this book in school but can't clearly remember it. Is it in journal form?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judaye, it is in journal form - it goes through a year in the life of Bridget Jones through her "diary." I found I didn't clearly remember it either!

    ReplyDelete