Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cayman Islands - Tricia Hayne

I did not intend to read travel guides when I thought up the Around the World Challenge, but as I am having trouble finding books for some of the countries I chose I picked up a couple such books so I can fulfill my challenge, and this book was one of them. Of course, if I manage to find a different book that is set in the Cayman Islands in 2012, I'll read it, but for now this will have to do.

While not a novel or a nonfiction book set in the Cayman Islands, etc., this book did have a nice summarized history of the islands. I have to say reading this book did make me want to visit these islands, and I'm not a tropics/heat/beach person at all. Of the three islands, I think it would be nicest to visit the smallest and least developed, Cayman Brac, as it would provide the least crowded snorkeling sites, and less crowded bird watching opportunities, etc. So maybe someday I'll take a vacation there and have the challenge and this book to thank.

No comments:

Post a Comment