Sunday, July 8, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

This book was all over book blogs last year, and I was intrigued but I had so many other books to read I put off adding my name to the library hold list to read it. Now that I have been back at the library for my challenges, I decided to add my name to a now much shorter list. I love, love, love vintage photographs, particularly weird ones and particularly photos from the very late 19th/very early 20th century, so this book's use of them as illustrations was right up my street, and I loved that. The story was not at all what I had expected, but I enjoyed it, and I suspect there will be a series of books with these characters and I will definitely read them. I very much enjoyed this book and I believe I would have loved it as a young adult as well. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment