Thursday, July 31, 2014

July - This Month in Reading

July flew by in record time, and really got away from me. :-/

The positives: I read 2 more books for the Harlem Renaissance Challenge, so I completed the challenge at the level for which I signed up - hooray! I also wrapped up the library books so I don't have to step foot inside the library until who-knows-when (not that that's a positive, but anything that keeps me reading books off my physical TBR pile is a good thing these days). At the end of June I wrote that I would read 7 books, and I did, plus 2 more for good measure, so at least I kept to my goal.

The negatives: I was supposed to work on the Language Freak Summer Challenge in July, and although I did work on it a little, I didn't work on it as much as I wanted to, nor did I actually finish any of the books I have set aside for this challenge. :( There were also a couple review requests I just wasn't able to find time for, which is embarrassing.

August is already shaping up to be a busy month, between work and some other commitments that are not super conducive to reading. So for August, here are my goals:


  • Finish my 2 review books
  • Finish the 2 books I'm currently working on for the Language Freak Summer Challenge


That's it!

If I somehow manage to complete all this with plenty of time to spare, I will work on the Language Freak Summer Challenge by reading an additional book, since that challenge ends August 31. If nothing else, I already have several books on hand I can use for this challenge next summer :)

How has your reading been this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment