Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Rhetoric of Death - Judith Rock

Remember a few days ago when I said I didn't get bingo in French Bingo for 2015? I jumped the gun, because I completely forgot that this TBR pile book was a mystery set in France. So as it happens - I did get bingo! Hooray! I have updated the challenge post to reflect this.

But on to my review of the book! This is one of my crazy Borders last days sales books; I grabbed so many books on that last day, not really looking too closely at what kind of books I was getting, just caught up in the bargain shopping. Luckily I think I have liked most of the books, and this one was no exception. Set in 1680s Paris, the author has obviously done a lot of research, and I enjoyed picturing one of my favorite cities in this time period. I liked the main character quite a bit, so I was pleased to see that this is now a book series (I think it's up to 4 books) - I will have to check the other books out. The mystery kept me guessing until the end, which was fun. All in all this was an enjoyable book for mystery fans, or historical fiction fans, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment