Once again, I am just going to do my own TBR Pile Challenge this year, which will work in conjunction with the Mount TBR Challenge. Here are the 12 books (and 2 bonus books) that I plan to read this year, in no particular order:
1. Main Street - Sinclair Lewis
2. The Beautiful Things that Heaven Bears - Dinaw Mengestu
3. Sula - Toni Morrison
4. Les Précieuses Ridicules - Moilère. This is a vintage copy (there's a name and the year 1912 written on the inside cover) of this play in French, and I need all the practice I can get, so now's the time.
5. The Given Day - Dennis Lehane
6. The Oracle of Stamboul - Michael David Lukas
7. Out - Natsuo Kirino
8. Devil in a Blue Dress - Walter Mosley
9. Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - Dee Brown. I had this as a bonus book last year, and managed to avoid it, because I think it will be really upsetting, and that is a stupid reason not to read a book. So this year I will make it happen.
10. The Blue Sky - Galsan Tschinag
11. Black Boy - Richard Wright
12. Gypsy: A Memoir - Gypsy Rose Lee
1. Fatherland - Robert Harris. This book has been on my pile for ages and ages. It's an alternative history style mystery set in a world where the Nazis won World War II, and it was made into a HBO movie ages and ages ago, starring Rutger Hauer, who I think is dreamy. It's time to clear out this book!
2. Teach Us To Outgrow Our Madness - Kenzaburo Oe. Chances are I'll read this but just in case I run out of time or something.