Sunday, January 15, 2017

LGBTQIA Challenge 2017

I was hoping this challenge would take place again in 2017, and it is - hooray!! It's hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews, and you can get all the info and sign up here. I'm going to commit to the Red level, which is 5 books. I'm hoping I'll exceed that, of course, but this way I'll be sure to meet the challenge. I'll keep track of the books I read in this post as I read them. Please feel free to leave any recommendations in the comments!

1. Liberace Extravaganza! - Connie Furr Soloman and Jan Jewett (Liberace was gay, although he was closeted/not fully out for much of his life)
2. Rainbow Boys - Alex Sánchez (LGBT author, characters, themes, etc.)
3. Angels in America - Tony Kushner (LGBT author, characters, themes, etc.)
4. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli (LGBT characters, themes, etc.)
5. Not Otherwise Specified - Hannah Moskowitz (LGBT characters, themes, etc.)


2 comments:

  1. I too was glad to see this challenge continue for 2017. I'm going for 30 this time as I'm working my way through the Stonewall Awards. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! I will have to check out the Stonewall Awards, I'm guessing there will be some great books for me to discover. Have a great reading year and I look forward to seeing your reviews!

    ReplyDelete