Thursday, October 5, 2017

White Tears - Hari Kunzru (Spoilers?)

Came across this book by chance in a library catalog search, since I was lacking a book for the "white" category of the Color Coded Reading Challenge. As it happens, this turned out to be a good choice for October reading, as it's kind of a mind-freak ghost story. It reminded me of Memento or Fight Club, where there is a main character that we follow but whom we are not sure we can trust, or not sure of our motives - I guess it's the classic unreliable narrator. To be honest, I am not sure if some parts of the story actually happened or if they were some kind of hallucination. The subject matter was interesting too - the author has explored a bit about how early 20th century racism affected the ability of talented musicians to be heard. It also tweaks hardcore collectors, which I liked. All in all this was a nice addition to my reading, and I will definitely check out the author's other books. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment