Sunday, January 1, 2023

Downtown: Minneapolis in the 1970s - Mike Evangelist and Andy Sturdevant

This is a really neat coffee table type book featuring Mike Evangelist's photos of downtown Minneapolis in the early 1970s, with some text by Andy Sturdevant. I spent some time there in the later part of the 70s so while this book is a teeny bit ahead of my time, and I was just a kid, the photos brought back lots of memories. If someone invents a Time Machine in my lifetime, I would love to go back to this Minneapolis and just walk around the streets and take in the sights for a couple of hours on a nice fall day. Nothing like some good nostalgia to welcome in a brand new year! Recommended. 

Quick side note - this book is the first for the January reading category/theme: Books I got as gifts in December 2022. Many more to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment