Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

As an English (literature) major, one might suppose that I would have a well-thumbed copy of this book lying around, perhaps even notated by hand here and there. Sadly you would be mistaken. For some reason I decided I wanted a nice copy of this book to have on hand so I asked for one for Yule and Mr. K did not disappoint - check out this lovely cover: 


I actually reviewed this book on this blog 10 years ago (you can read that here). I still haven't seen the movie I complained about last time, but now I think I might want to check it out, just to see how it all comes together. I still love the writing. The story is still making me think about how our choices make us who we are (and who we are not). There is probably nothing I can really say about this book that hasn't been said before (and better) but it deserves to be considered a classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment