Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday/TGIF

Another Friday means fun book blogger networking and visiting and following and etc. so let's get to it!



Book Blogger Hop


This week's hop question:


Let’s talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you like!) titles in your personal collection that have the most interesting titles! If you can’t find any, feel free to find one on the internet!

I have to say that Haruki Murakami has some great crazy book titles, such as:

A Wild Sheep Chase
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

And of course sci-fi type books often have interesting/crazy titles, such as:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

That's it for my personal collection, I know there are more out there!







This week's question:

How have your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or if you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

I am not still a teen (and haven't been one for a while, yikes!), but my reading habits have changed quite a bit over the years. When I was a teen I was more into fantasy and sci-fi books, and loved any kind of story with dragons, and now for some reason I can't handle books with dragons and I'm not much drawn to fantasy or sci-fi, although I guess that Jasper Fforde and sometimes Haruki Murakami, among other authors I like, fit into the fantasy category. I was also more forgiving of clunky writing - or maybe there was much less of it in years past?

So I guess in reality my tastes have gotten more "literary" and  I have lost patience with what I think is poor writing. I'm not a book snob or anything, and I will always read anything that seems interesting to me, but I just prefer good writing in general and try to stick with books that fit that description regardless of genre.

Here's a new blog follow I've been meaning to try - I can't find the code for the follow button but here is the blog button so you can find it. It's the TGIF Book Follow Friday at GReads.





This week's question: 

Author Block Party: If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose? 

I love these questions! There are so many authors I'd love to hang out with. I'm going to go for it and also include authors who are dead, since this is a fantasy anyhow:

Christopher Buehlman
Haruki Murakami
Jasper Fforde
Kazuo Ishiguro
Graham Greene
William Shakespeare
M.T. Anderson
Bill Bryson
James Thurber
Mark Twain
Anne Frank
Nat M. Wills

Who's on your guest list? 

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, MT Anderson, I'd like to talk to him too. And I've always wondered about The Diary of Anne Frank. How much was really this teen girl, and how much was changed with the publishing and translation process. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be cool to hang out with Anne Frank too. It would be interesting to hear what she has to say about her experiences above and beyond her diary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anja

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog, new follower here.
    I like those titles you've chosen, especially the Philip K. Dick.

    Lindsay @The Littlereader Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'm still a teen, I have yet to tire from a certain genre. I hope it won't happen to me! Great answer!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? sounds like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower! I'll have to check out some of the authors you mentioned on your guest list! I've only heard of a couple of them...

    Trish - Friday's Memes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are crazy titles, I have heard about the last one before, sounds great. Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My reading habits haven't really changed. Now though I can find my choice of reading much easier as I've always loved the paranormal books!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hopping by. Love your strange titles. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always, Murakami has the craziest titles! And the craziest stories.

    I'd love to have you stop by my blog and take a look at my post, The Hop: Reading a Jigsaw Puzzle. And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep has been on my to-read list for some time. The title is what got my attention in the first place.

    Jex Everything and Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your titles intrigue me. But that might be the point of titles like that.

    ReplyDelete