Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To Hell and Back: The Damned Busters - Matthew Hughes

I came across this book by chance at a bookstore. I was initially attracted by the cover, which looks like it could be the cover for a graphic novel, and I thought the premise seemed funny and unusual, so I bought it for a friend for her birthday. Of course, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I ended up buying myself a copy. I'm glad I did, I liked this book. I really enjoyed the main character and I thought the ideas the author had were indeed funny and unusual. It pains me to say that I saw a few typos (missing words, misplaced quote marks or punctuation) but no more than usual. There is going to be another couple of books at least in this series, and I very much look forward to reading them. Recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to give this book a look next time I'm at the bookstore.

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete