Sunday, August 7, 2011

Calli - Jessica Lee Anderson

This is another NetGalley read, and although I enjoyed it on its own terms, I have to say it didn't seem to fully match the description on the site. Maybe I am just a horrible person, but the description makes it sound like something really terrible happens and I kept waiting for that to happen. There are definitely sad moments, but I guess I just didn't think anything that horrible occurred, so that made me feel slightly confused. But again, that could just be me. Maybe I am too removed from the teen years, and couldn't fully connect with the inner struggles of the main character (whom I liked). Otherwise, though, aside from a typo here and there (missing word, spelling error) this is a well-written YA book that was a fast read.

No comments:

Post a Comment