Sunday, August 28, 2011

Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut

Kurt Vonnegut is a writer I've been meaning to read for ages, and now that I have finally read one of his books I am glad it's not too late to read more. I knew nothing about this book before I read it, and it was absolutely not what I expected at all. I found the story fascinating and the writing style perfectly suited to the story being told. I would love to be able to talk about this book with a good book club or in a college level class, as I suspect if I read it again after some time has passed I'd pick up on things I had previously missed each time I reread the book. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Slaughterhouse-Five is on my list of books to read, too. I read both Lord of the Flies and A Brave New World this year and wasn't prepared at all for the story I got. It is obvious why the books are popular for school reads.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete