Thursday, April 14, 2011

GLBT Reading Challenge

I'm so blog-challenged that I think I joined the GLBT Reading Challenge, but I'm not even 100% sure! D'oh! I really need to get with the program and become less of a dingbat about blog-related things. The challenge calls for reading books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors (as you may have guessed). I know it's kind of late to join a challenge, but what the heck. I'd like to read 15 books for this challenge, and I'll add them to a list in this post to keep track. I happened to read one already, and I have another that I didn't know was applicable when I got it at the library, so I am on my way. Yet another excuse to read more and probably find more good authors that I will enjoy too!

1. Tales of the City - Armistead Maupin (GLBT author/topics)
2. How I Paid for College - Marc Acito (GLBT author/topics)
3. More Tales of the City - Armistead Maupin (GLBT author/topics)
4. Attack of the Theater People - Marc Acito (GLBT author/topics)
5. Gingerbread Girl - Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover (GLBT topics)
6. Push - Sapphire (GLBT author/topics)
7. The Forbidden Apple: A Century of Sex & Sin in New York City - Kat Long (GLBT author [?]/topics)
8. United States of Americana - Kurt B. Reighley (GLBT author)
9. Calli - Jessica Lee Anderson (GLBT topics)
10. Blue Boy - Rakesh Satyal (GLBT author/topics)
11. Someone Killed His Boyfriend - David Stukas (GLBT author/topics)
12. Welcome To My World - Johnny Weir (GLBT author/topics)
13. Room - Emma Donoghue (GLBT author)
14. The Red Tree - Caitlin R. Kiernan (GLBT author/topics)
15. Stay - Nicola Griffith (GLBT author/topics)
16. Annie on My Mind - Nancy Garden (GLBT author/topics)
17. Ash - Malinda Lo (GLBT author/topics)

CHALLENGE COMPLETED DEC. 31, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment