Monday, March 21, 2011

The Color Coded Reading Challenge

Because I can't resist a good reading challenge, I decided to sign up for The Color Coded Reading Challenge too.

Here are the rules:

*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" in the title. - Hoopskirts, Union Blues, and Confederate Grays - Kate Havelin
2. A book with "Red" in the title. - The Red Tree - Caitlin R. Kiernan
3. A book with "Yellow" in the title. - The Yellow Wallpaper - Charlotte Perkins Gilman
4. A book with "Green" in the title. - On Green Dolphin Street - Sebastian Faulks
5. A book with "Brown" in the title. - The Man in the Brown Suit - Agatha Christie
6. A book with "Black" in the title - Mennonite in a Little Black Dress - Rhoda Janzen
7. A book with "White" in the title. - The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Turquoise, Pink, Magneta, etc.). Between Shades of Gray - Ruta Sepetys
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.). Pretty in Plaid - Jen Lancaster

I had one book that I could use as a crossover and I have The Woman in White on my official TBR Pile Challenge list, but the others will have to be new, which is fun. Any excuse to read! :)

CHALLENGE COMPLETED DEC. 6, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Color Challenge! I read The Woman in White last year. It's been interesting looking for a "white" book for this year. But I finally finished one today. Just have to get it reviewed....

    ReplyDelete