Friday, February 12, 2016

Bad Boy: A Memoir - Walter Dean Myers

Saw this book on the Library Sale shelves and I was initially attracted to it by the cool cover (see below) and the author's name - I thought I had read some of his books.

Isn't this a cool cover?

Turns out I was mistaken, but I will have to definitely read this author's books if the quality of this book is any indication of how good they must be. The author has skillfully written a book that is technically YA but in reality a book chock full of musings on race, class, society, education, and what it means to find your place in the world and in life. Like many book bloggers, he was a compulsive reader, and one of my favorite parts of the book was his opinion on Dickens (which I happen to share). I am not sure what else to say about this except that I look forward to reading Myers' fiction. Highly Recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment