Friday, January 14, 2011

Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier

One of my favorite books is Girl with a Pearl Earring so naturally I have read all the other books by this author. I enjoyed this book, the moreso for discovering at the end of the book that it's based on real people/events. I liked the voices of the dual narrators and the story was intriguing and frustrating at the same time, because of the societal constraints on people that are, necessarily, in the story.  I have to say that GWPE has an economy of story that I don't feel like I have seen in her other works - there's something about that book that I don't quite get from her other works, even though I do enjoy them. 

In a complete coincidence, I can claim this book the the Hogwarts challenge - hoorah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment