Saturday, March 5, 2011

The 19th Wife - David Ebershoff

Dear reader(s), this is what happens when you have too many Library Sale books - you forget what you actually have! I completely forgot that I had gotten this book, so I had 2 books about polygamous cults, this one fiction, and another, non-Library Sale book that's nonfiction. So my religion-based book trifecta is complete!

This book was recommended to me right before the Lifetime Movie Channel aired their movie adaptation of it, so in this case I saw the movie before I read the book. Wow, what a difference - the movie differs significantly from the book to a crazy degree. Characters that were minor at best in the book are given a more prominent role in the movie, many characters are missing entirely, etc. I understand why some of the changes were made but I liked the book better. I zoomed through this book, I really enjoyed it. I loved the character of Jordan. I also want to check out the author's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment