Sunday, April 17, 2011

Choker - Frederick Ramsay

When I was searching the library catalog for Choker by Elizabeth Woods, this book came up as the other search result, and I figured maybe it was a sign from the universe that I should read it too, so I checked it out. I hit a snag when I got home and realized that it was actually the fifth book in a series with the same main character, Ike Schwartz. I haven't mentioned it before, but I am a fanatic about reading any series from the beginning. Normally I wouldn't even open this book without reading all the previous books in order. So I had a dilemma - get the first four books and read them first, or just read this book out of order in case I wasn't thrilled with it anyway?

Well, I obviously chose to read the book and I am glad I did, I enjoyed it. It was a serviceable mystery, although it had a silly subplot about Satanists that I thought was kind of out of place and might have been some leftover preaching from the author's days as an Episcopal priest. I would go back and read the other books in this series, I liked the main characters and I am curious to see what happened with them before the events in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment